Monday, December 8, 2008

Thoughts Really are Things!


Nothing mystical about it. The Universe works just like a computer - what ever you program in, you manifest. Simple? YES! Easy? Not really.

I have learned over the past several years that changing my thinking really does change my life. I had to learn what to think, how to think, to believe and be consistent. Weed out the thoughts I don't want (some are familiar 'friends' and pretty hard to let go), and saturate my world with reminders of what I DO want.

Now, off on what seems like a tangent: Last summer, my good and lovely friend Tracy (who has a heart of gold and is just an all around wonderful person) expressed her desire to travel to Italy and take cooking classes. Well, needing a purpose to paint, I decided to make an artful, visual affirmation for her.

The first layer of paint has positive thoughts and prayers written on with the back end of a paint brush. You are able to see some of the impressions of script if you hold it just so. The next layer is a brush of pastel paints to create a background. Then the paper doll of Tracy (or at least the best I can do). Her wings are pages from an Italian cook book. She's eating a plate of pasta done with puff paint to give it texture. Written next to her left arm is "Tracy the Culinary Fairy". I added stencils, sparkles, and tissue paper cut outs. The final layer is melted bees wax to protect it, and make it smell real earthy and yummy.

Tracy keeps it in her office at work, and low and behold, I've started getting commissions to do other positive affirmation paintings! More pics in the future.

2 comments:

Terra said...

It is so beautiful- each time I see it! I can't wait till you post more! Your writng was beautiful as well! I just love it! Always a fan!!

Bonnie said...

I agree with you about thoughts.. but haven't perfected it that's for sure. I love that picture. I didn't realize everything in and behind it. That makes it even more special and wonderful. You are such a good friend. I bet Tracy will be off to Italy soon..