Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Friend Riley


It's no secret the affection the Monteith family feels for our good friend Riley. Holidays were extra special when Riley came to spend them with us. Always the perfect house guest, he tolerated the bug, bug, buggings of the ever persistent Maynerd and allowed Bella to sleep in his favorite bed protesting only with a doggy smile and a waggy tail.

Now that Riley has made his transition, we will remember him as a cheerful guy and perfect gentleman. We will miss his holiday visits and the fun we had playing dress up.

My heart goes out to the Emersons who loved him and are greiving their special puppy.

7 comments:

Terra said...

Oh, made me cry all over again! Thanks for giving him a wonderful place to be when we couldn't be home!

Bonnie said...

What wonderful pictures. I love the outfits. I bet he really enjoyed being with you. I only met him a couple of times but he seemed like such a sweet gentle guy.

Grams said...

Becky - great shots of the boy! He was a wonderful dog. I loved Riley. It looked like he had a great time with you and yours. I remember when Terra was first pregnant with Lauren, Riley followed her everywhere. He was very protective of her. Special dog that one was!

Courtney said...

This was so sweet. I follow Terra blog and my heart just goes out to her and her family. They have had a rough of late...

Kim H. said...

You are a good soul, Becky. I know Terra and her family appreciate the wonderful care you gave her Riley -- and what a beautiful tribute. God love you.

The Bailey Family said...

Riley will be so missed. All the pictures were so wonderful.

Femin Susan said...

Great shots!I love the outfits.