Sunday, February 27, 2011

Barbi Boobs, Free Tummy Tuck, and a Blog Lift!


I'm loving the new look Terra is giving the Bec Blog! It features one of my most favorite projects as a topper. Thanks Terra - you certainly have an artist's eye for design. I think it even makes me look thinner!

Well, getting down to business, all tests have been taken and decisions have been made. The oncologist and surgeons strongly suggest that a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction is in my best interest. I have a history of breast cancer and it's time to tell the girls good-bye. During surgery they will biopsy the lymph nodes for cancer. If they find nothing, it's reconstruction as planned, life is good, and I'll never have to have a mamo again! If they do find any, reconstruction is postponed until after chemo and radiation. But, given the type of cancer I bred, I seriously doubt that will happen. I have been blessed.

Cancer is a serious subject and I don't take it lightly. All of us have been touched by cancer in our lives. A friend, a loved one, a teacher, neighbor, and possibly even oneself. It's scary. It's sad.

I'm making choices. My choices. The Norman Cousins approach. The almost 40 years of studying conversational metaphysics approach. I intend to laugh myself to wellness, whether the healing manifests on this planet or transcends to another level. I'm not making light of dis-ease, I'm making light of my situation, looking for the positive, and being aware of my blessings. I hope friends and readers pop in here occasionally and leave me, if nothing else, a smile.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Becky, I think this is a great way to keep us updated. I know you don't want to repeat everything time and time again. I for one admire your ability to find humor in every situation. I think it's a great healing tool for you and those around you.

Sounds like you've chosen the best course of treatment. Any idea when this will take place?

Thinking about you and sending prayers and positive thoughts all the time! Let us know when you want to go to Chubby's again!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Laughter certainly gets us through the darkest days of our life.
Wishing you GOOD results...I love your positive outlook.
Suz

dayle doroshow said...

Sending all kinds of good supportive thoughts your way and dreams of France as inspiration!

Tracy said...

Becky, your good friend from 'Sitting on an Oak' sent me and told us you were a wonderful strong lady. I had to come visit for myself and I am so glad I did.
I will definitley keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue on your journey toward wellness.

Paige said...

Laughter is ALWAYS a great thing, keep it up. I often find myself smiling as I read thru your posts and your comments on other blogs, so I thank you for that.

Liz Mays said...

Your spirit will serve you well on this journey, Bec. Laughter is indeed a mighty strong medicine. :)

Jenny said...

Hi Becky, I saw you on Terra's blog and came to visit! Love your attitude. Will add you to my prayer list!

Wishing you good results and enough laughter to carry you through this battle.

Jen said...

Visiting from Terra's blog and wanted to wish you well on your journey.